Monday, September 12, 2005

Here I go...

For those of you who do not know, I will be moving from Pueblo, Colorado to Rostov-Na-Don, Russia. This blog will feature stories and photos of my life while in Russia, and how this adventure changes my life. For seven months, I will be teaching at Rostov State University in the English language department. My classes will primarly be those associated with developing and maintaing the skills neccesary to converse in the English language. My students, althought I'm not a hunder percent sure on this one, will be students studying English as their major and who are interested in broading their English conversation skills in hopes of one day using them for a career.

This oppurtunity arose to me through a sistership program that is being started between Colorado State University -Pueblo, where I just recently graduated with a BA in English studies, and Rostov State University. Although I am more than thrilled by this oppurtunity, it would be foolish of me not to mention that I am frighten beyond all belief at what will take place in my life. I was born and raised in Pueblo and being from a family as close as mine is, I am a little apprehensive about being away from them and all life has to offer in America. I have only traveled outside the country once and that was only to England and Scotland, so I've never been surrounded by a foregin language... The task of learning a new language well enough to get by in is scary in itself, and I am more than worried that I will have no way to communicate with the Russians' who will now be my neighbors. However, all though I know life will be hard adjusting too, I feel that overall this experience will change my life forever. So hold on, because this is going to be one hell of a ride...and you'll be there to experience it with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home