Saturday, September 24, 2005

My Going Away Party...

Last night, my professor Katherine threw me a going away party. Katherine is my mentor and without all of her help and guidance I probably wouldn't be moving to Russia for this experience. Her and her husband Joe decided that they would throw me a going away party at our favorite local pub The Cock and Bull (yes, we see the humor in the name). I was very happy to see so many people show up for this party and we all had a great time. I snapped some photos of the party and thought that I would share them with you all. All of these people mean the world to me, and I'm going to miss all of them greatly while I'm gone.

Not counting today, I have three more days in Pueblo before my flight leaves first thing Wednesday morning. I don't really know how I feel yet; my emotions are a little messed up. I've been planning this for so long that it doesn't seem that its actually happening. However, for the most part I just want to get over there and see what it is like. Time is becoming very tight for me and I don't know if I'll be able to post anything between now and when I arrive in Rostov. I hopefully will be able to post a quick message the day or day after I arrive but I can't promise anything because I'll have traveled for about 20 hours, so I might be tired. Yet, I just wanted to state how much I'll miss everyone back here in the states, but I also want to thank you all for all of the support you've given me...I wouldn't be doing this without many of you and I mean it! See you in about seven months.

P.s. For those of you I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to, I'll miss you and I hope you all take care. Keep in touch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home