Tuesday, September 13, 2005

15 Days and counting...

Well in 15 days, I'll be on my way to Rostov. It doesn't seem real yet; even though, I've been cleaning my house and packing stuff for storage. It seems lonely right now, because I've packed a lot of my prized possessions (and I'm being American right now with this little rant, so forgive me) into boxes. I never thought the day would come when I would put all my CDs (which is now 200+) into boxes, not to be used for seven months. It sort of scares me. However, I don't really have a lot of time to think about such things because I still have a lot to do. Oh well, I guess I'll think about all this the night before I leave and can't sleep.

I received word today from a friend of my from Norway that I meet on the internet, who is attending Rostov State University. She has only been in Rostov a day and she reported back with a pretty nice description of the town. She says its not like Moscow or St. Petersburg, where she has been before, but she did say that it seemed rather nice. I was excited to hear her report and I hope that I have the same view of Rostov as she does. A few things she told me concerned me, but I'm sure that I'll be able to work those details out when I get there. One thing that did surprise me was that she said it was extremely hot there. Now she's from Norway, so I don't know what she considers "hot" but this throws me into some sort of a dilemma. Do I pack for cold weather or hot weather? I'm not taking a lot so I guess I'll have to carry a few items for both and then when I arrive decide if I need to buy some new cloths while there.

For today that's about it...

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Chas S. Clifton said...

James,

As you probably figured out now, you need clothing for both hot and cold weather in Rostov. Think Nebraska, maybe.

bon voyage

Chas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home