Friday, October 21, 2005

Mixed Nuts...

The title really has nothing to do with anything, I just felt like use it for some reason. Not much has really changed in the last few days, and nothing has really happened. However, I feel rather good about being here, especially when I'm not surround by a million people looking at me like I'm some sort of freak. This morning, again, I was watched as I ate breakfast by a group of students. It was extremely odd for me and I almost couldn't finish eating. They were just sitting there looking at me and making comments...I don't know what they were saying but it was still weird. Every time I could tell they were looking at me, I looked at them and smiled. Its so odd to be looked at so much, it happens everywhere. I'm walking down the street, people are looking at me; I'm typing on the computer, people are looking at me; I'm trying to eat any meal, people are looking at me -I'm getting very uncomfortable with the whole situation and its becoming a little annoying. I now know what a celebrity feels like but at least they have reasons to be looked at, I'm just some American. You all know that I don't like undeserved attention and I HATE when people stare at me, so I'm gonna break soon and just start yelling "YES, I'M AMERICAN...WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Its twice as bad when Kristin and I are walking together, because then its like 'look there are two foreigners and they even have different accents from one another.' I swear this is so odd for me, no one ever looked at me in America or if they did I gave them a dirty look back. Thankfully, I've been able to control my dirty looks, but soon I might have to break out the' look of death' on some of the people here...its really maddening. What else is new? Let me think. Not much really. I think I just wanted to rant a little about how much people are looking at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home